WHY SHOULD I DONATE?
NEARLY 400 FAMILIES VISIT OUR CHOICE PANTRY EACH MONTH, SO THE SHELVES ARE TOO OFTEN TOO EMPTY!
Thank you for your kindness and generosity. We wouldn't be able to do this without you.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
1. Financial donations are most welcome... we're able to use them to purchase items that have not been donated by our local stores. Please consider making a donation "in honor" of or "in memorial" of a loved one, family member or friend in lieu of purchasing a tangible gift for birthdays/anniversaries/holidays... we are so thankful for your kind donations! Make financial contributions directly to Community REACH, either on-line via the website (see Donate button below) or by mailing a check. Our mailing address is: Community REACH, Inc., 15 First Avenue, Red Lion, PA 17356
2. Donations of Gift Cards to local grocery stores. These are extremely helpful due to limited freezer space. We often run out of room for refrigerated items such as meat and dairy items so the gift cards allow us to purchase these items as needed.
3. Direct donation of food. For the safety of all staff, volunteers and agency guests, Community REACH, Inc. only receives food donations that are purchased directly from the grocery store and brought to Community REACH. Donations of hams, turkeys, and whole chickens are needed for this program each Fall and Spring. Donations are requested beginning in October and continuing through the first week of December, and then again in February for the Easter distribution. Please contact us for items needed.
4. Donations for our Children's Summer Food Bags are needed constantly. The program begins the week beginning June 11 and then throughout July and into August. After the Labor Day weekend once school is fully in session, we prepare up to 100 bags each week for the counselors to send home with "at-risk" children each Friday. The donations for this program has become a year-round necessity. Please contact us for items needed.
5. Donation of School Supplies. Donations are needed in June and early July for distribution purposes. Please contact us for items needed. Check with your school for information concerning any new backpack regulations. School supplies are given to students beginning July 5th until Labor Day. Most school students return in mid-to-late August.
Donations are always appreciated! Drop off any weekday between 9am-2pm or call to arrange a delivery time.
Community REACH, Inc. was established in 1974 and incorporated in 1975, Community REACH, Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit human services agency providing basic items of support to nearly 350 families residing in the Dallastown, Eastern York, and Red Lion school districts of York County. Food insecurity is a real concern for nearly 12% of the population.